Small and medium entreprises
Small and medium sized enterprises belong to the most dynamically developing sector of the regional economy. They develop new business streams, enlarging activities in various sectors of economy.
The statistics (dated 01.01.2014) show that there are over 36.5 thousand small and medium sized enterprises registered in the Smolensk Region, with 136.4 thousand employees. Medium sized enterprises comprise 0.4% of the total number of enterprises, small ones have – 4.8%, micro enterprises – 31.1%, individual entrepreneurs – 63.7%.
According to the results of the massive survey conducted by Rosstat the number of legal entities per 1000 people is 14, the number of individual entrepreneurs – 24.
The turnout of small and medium sized enterprises in 2013 (real prices) including all kinds of economic activities amounted to 247.3 billion rubles (micro enterprises have -41.6, small ones – 100.2, medium sized – 36.5, individual entrepreneurs – 69).
The amount of taxes paid by small and medium sized entrepreneurs into the consolidated budget of the Smolensk Region in 2013 was 1.69 billion rubles.
The non-commercial organization, “Smolensk Regional Fund for Support of Entrepreneurs” became an important instrument of the national policy aimed at the development of small and medium sized enterprises in the region.
To provide the sufficient support for small and medium sized enterprises the Regional Administration made the following agreements:
- the Agreement between the Regional Administration and the Fund of support for small and medium sized enterprises in scientific and technical spheres. The subject of the agreement stipulates the cooperation of the Parties aimed at the development of small and medium sized enterprises working in science and technology. The implementation of innovative projects will stimulate social and economic development of the Smolensk Region.
- granting subsidies to small and medium enterprises to reimburse payment of the interest rate on loans given by financial establishments;
- granting subsidies to small and medium sized companies with leasing agreements, to provide them with partial reimbursement for the first installment;
- granting subsidies to small and medium sized companies for partial reimbursement of the expenses on the purchase of the equipment necessary for launch, development and/or modernization of production;
- granting subsidies to small and medium sized companies a share of expenses pertaining participation in international and inter-regional exhibitions, fairs and congresses incurred by small and medium enterprises;
- granting subsidies to small and medium sized companies for reimbursement of expenses on organizing daytime kindergartens for children and other similar services on children care;
- granting subsidies to small and medium sized companies which develop folk crafts, folk art, ecological and rural tourism.
The Regional state-run programme “Economic development of the Smolensk Region including creation of a favourable climate for entrepreneurship and investment” for 2014-2020 states the subsidies for the organization of the following activities:
- subsidies for the non-profit organization “Smolensk Regional Fund for support of entrepreneurship”, so that it could provide credits to small and medium sized businesses.