Smolensk will receive more than 24 million rubles for development of vocational education
04.02.2014 Smolensk will receive more than 24 million rubles for development of vocational education
Dmitry Medvedev, the Chairman of RF Government, signed an order for allocation of subsidies to development of vocational education systems. According to the document, in 2014, more than one billion rubles will be allocated to regions. Smolensk Region will receive 24 mil. 501 thous. rubles.
Under this order, subsidies will be allocated to 45 regions - the winners of the competitive selection of regional programs to modernize vocational education systems that are being implemented within the framework of the priority national project "Education" during a period of 2011 to 2015. Participants in the competition held by the Ministry of Education and Science last year were 53 regions.
Subsidies may be allocated:
- to strengthen basic vocational education institutions,
- to increase demand for graduates from vocational education institutions on a regional labor market and attract major employers
- to train middle personnel and professionals, who are in high demand at strategic and competitive sectors of the RF economy,
- to strengthen the material and technical base of vocational education institutions,
- to take steps for assisting graduates from vocational education institutions in employment.
As noted in the Summary attached hereto, the implementation of the orders will encourage, among other things, an increase in the values of the following indicators of the Federal Target Program for Education Development during a period of 2011 to 2015:
- a share of those, who are employed in the economy, and who have received training in the reporting year under the continuing education programs, including resource centers at vocational education institutions, in the total number of those who are employed in the economy;
- a proportion of students of vocational education institutions, who receive education under educational programs that are implemented with the participation of employers, in the total number of students of vocational education institutions.